Tuesday 1 September 2015

BREAKING: JENNIFER PINCHES MEDICALLY RETIRES


UCLA junior and 2012 British Olympian, Jennifer Pinches, has announced her medical retirement today through the UCLA Bruins official site. 


Pinches, who competed on floor only this season, has been hampered with wrist injuries that have prevented training throughout the 2014-15 season. Although she has retired, Pinches will remain on the Bruins team as as an Undergraduate Assistant Coach. 

UCLA Athletics reported;

“Jen has been amazing for us in every way,” said Valorie Kondos Field. “It will be sad not to have her training and competing because she has a great competitive spirit. But she has already proven to be priceless in her new non-competitive role this summer by helping the freshmen acclimate to college life as a student-athlete.”

“After retiring from elite gymnastics in 2012, I rediscovered my passion for the sport, so despite this turn of events, I am grateful to have had the opportunity to perform again, on the NCAA stage,” Pinches said. “It’s upsetting to have to really say goodbye to competing this time, but the best decision has been made for my long-term health. I’ve loved every second of my journey with this inspirational team of Bruins, who are more like family to me now, and it’s not all over yet, as I’m looking forward to seeing what I can offer in my new role as an undergraduate assistant coach. I’d like to say the biggest thank you to everyone who has made my gymnastics career possible. I couldn’t have done it alone.”

What a shame but we wish Jenni all the best of luck in the future!

1 comment: